The following was received from ADT.
“On Friday, 28 June a resident in Pretoria East was followed home from the airport. As soon as the client parked in his garage, five armed men blocked the gate with their vehicle and held the man and his family at gunpoint before stealing their luggage.
This was not an isolated incident and occurs across the country. The SAPS have warned that this type of crime has become more prevalant over the past number of years, and ADT would like to urge you to keep a lookout for any suspicious vehicles which might be following you home.
Things to look out for:
- Be alert when leaving an area; make sure you are not being watched.
- Stay alert on the drive home and check that you are not being followed.
- Has the same vehicle been following you turn-for-turn for more than 5-10 minutes?
- Confirm your suspicion by altering your route.
- Try to remember the registration number, make and model of the vehicle, and the number of occupants if you can.
- Do not stop or confront the vehicle.
- If you think you are being followed DO NOT go home. Instead, drive to the nearest police station for assistance.
- Remember to make use of your ADT ‘meet and greet’ service, to have a Response Officer escort you to your home.”
The above was received from ADT. If something suspicious is noticed (LS1), also report it to the CPF (LS1) JOC at 0861 571 911. Or – get direct; get a radio: It can safe precious time in a crisis situation.