Radio Purchase & Programming Procedure
- To purchase a radio and have it programmed, you need to do the following: All household members to read the LS1 Radio Protocol carefully!,
- You need to be a contributing member to use a radio on ZFAC radio network, complete this form,
- Complete the LS1 Radio Received form,
- Purchase your radio (accompanied by your completed & signed) LS1 Radio Received form, from the suppliers listed below,
- After purchasing your radio, please phone Lara (082 819 5198) to make an appointment, accompanied by the LS1 Radio Received form (attached) and a certified copy of your ID,
- Complete and bring these documents for each radio to be programmed and ensure the battery is fully charged.
Active Electronics (012 653 5781) at 14 Clanwilliam St, Centurion
3G Telecom (012 993 1579) at 254 Issie Smuts St, Pretoria
Radios that we are using are:
1. Kirisun PT5200 UHF
2. Vertex VX 231 UHF (discontinued, but still available at some dealers)
3. Vertex VX 261 UHF
We know that the prices of the above radios is very expensive, but they are very reliable, and they can do all the functions we require.
(Note: Although we aim to keep this information up to date, errors may occur from time to time)
Second hand Radios
There is currently no second hand radios available
Please send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.
1. Q: I have a Zartek 705 radio, can I use this on the CPF repeater?
A: No, this model radio does not support the minimal requirements.
2. Q: Can I use a PMR 446 band radio like the Motorola TLKR 5 or the Zartek Pro 5/8 radio on the repeater?
A: No, these radios are for the PMR band only and can not be re-programmed, nor do they support the minimal requirements.