Dear LS1,5&7 community members. Captain Van Zyl from Lyttelton Police Station needs our help. Come and join in a community effort to help tidy up the Lyttelton Police station by mowing the lawn, uprooting weed, and pruning trees/shrubs. On Saturday 21 February we meet at 9am at the station and we look to be done by around 12pm with a lunch braai.
How can you help? Any of the following help will be appreciated in this order of preference:
1) Be there in person – many hands, light work! Captain van Zyl will put on her old clothes and help herself! Please put on gardening attire yourself.
2) Bring any garden tools that you see fit. Suggestions are: petrol lawn mowers, petrol weed eaters, rakes, weed forks, spades, forks etc.
3) If you cannot be there but want to help, you can either donate a litre or two of petrol, your gardener for the few hours or money so we can hire some gardeners, it will also help. If any one has or know of a garden service and could make themselves available please let us know.
What else do you need to bring along if you can make it?
1) Your favourite drinks and something to slap on the grid afterwards,
2) If you can, some wood/charcoal. There is a braai,
3) A portable chair and some braai utensils/plates.
It will be lots of fun to help in the activity and for a good cause: if we show our willingness to help our police station, they will surely look after us as well! Hope to see many faces there, young and old!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help and please indicate how you can contribute. Please feel free to distribute this message to other community members.